Associate Degree in Computer Science
Expected May 2022
February 2020 to present time
- Designed and implemented a DevOps pipeline that automatically built and deployed application source code from a ENV-branched Git repo to a matching Kubernetes cluster.
- Designed and developed a web-based SaaS and that allowed users to control a browser in a virtual machine to watch movies and consume other kinds of media together.
- Wrote a Mongo-backed REST API and matching OpenAPI/Swagger specification to allow CI/CD based code generation of client libraries.
- Designed and implemented a complex auto-scaling VCS-backed infrastructure in the cloud using Terraform.
- Wrote a CLI in Rust responsible for building complex setups OTF from defined "images", allowing us to use a single Docker image that can support multiple server configurations.
- Standardized and documented development practice within the company for other engineers.
Hylist Games, LLC
August 2017 to April 2020
- Worked within a small team to design and implement product updates.
- Created tools, APIs and scripts to speed up development cycle, standardize practices and scale horizontally.
- Designed & implemented a system that would automatically generate coupon codes for partnerships and affiliates and keep track of revenue.
- Wrote the backend of a website in Django and implemented the respective visual mockup in HTML/CSS/JS.
- Developed a custom packet protocol on top of RabbitMQ (and Redis) used to communicate between nodes in a distributed network for handling player parties, orchestrating game deployment, and much more.
- Taught new hires in the process of onboarding the company's code conventions and reviewed and approved their code.
- Designed an in-house networking solution that mitigated DDoS attacks, saved the company money, and ensured the privacy of all our user traffic.
June 2016 to July 2017
- Assisted in maintaining legacy RoR project.
- Designed a simple minigame framework in a small team.
- Designed and implemented multiple website themes.
- Worked closely with users and QA team to squash bugs.
- Java (5+ years)
- Kotlin (2+ years)
- Python (4+ years)
- Ruby (1 year)
- Rust (6+ mo)
- *nix (Ubuntu/Debian, CentOS, Alpine, MacOS)
Frameworks, Tools, Etc
- SQL (MySQL + Postgres + MariaDB)
- NoSQL (MongoDB + DynamoDB)
- Memcached, Redis, RabbitMQ
- Maven, Gradle, Cargo, Gradle Kotlin DSL
- Nexus Repository
- Jenkins, CircleCI, GitHub Actions/Packages, TravisCI
- Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes
- Amazon S3, Amazon EC2
- GCP, GKE, etc
- JIRA, Asana, Trello
- Bash (intermediate)
- VCS (Git)
- YourKit, VisualVM
- Object-oriented programming
- VueJS, NuxtJS, Gridsome
- ReactJS (intermediate), Gatsby (intermediate)
- Bootstrap, Bulma, Tailwind
- Microservice application design
- Monolithic application design
- GraphQL, RESTful
- Django, Flask, FastAPI, Hug
- Ruby on Rails
- actix.rs, rocket.rs
- Bukkit/Spigot API, Bungeecord